The pictured church building was originally constructed in 1875 for the First Congregational Church in the Fayette County community of Waucoma. In 1928, the local Methodist Church merged with the Congregational Church to form the Waucoma Federated Church. Services were continued in this building until 1989, when the congregation disbanded. By the end of 1990, the Waucoma Historical Society was deeded possession of the building. Initial improvements were made to add restrooms, a kitchen, and a dining area, with many fundraising dinners held to raise funds for maintenance of the historic facility.
Further improvements were made in 2008 and 2009, when the interior was repainted, stained glass was restored, and a handicapped accessible entrance was added. The church is available for local groups to hold non-denominational church services and celebrations.