The three-room former town hall building in the Allamakee County town of New Albin was constructed June 24, 1895. Rock and masonry work for the building was completed by Frank Brennan at a cost of $87.50, while the bulk of the structure was built by C.G. Erickson for $488.50. The first paint job was completed by Gene Bellows at a cost of $16.00. The fire bell was added to the December 2, 1901. A fundraising drive was held in the mid-1990s to preserve the historic hall, which has not been actively used for city functions since 1968.