The first church of St. Patrick was built in the Adams County seat of Corning in 1871. A second church was constructed at the present site in 1883 and served the congregation for nearly 50 years — until the present brick building was dedicated on November 18, 1931. The sanctuary was remodeled in 1975 at a cost of $18,000; additional updates were made to the church and attached rectory in 2011. The interior benefited from new paint, carpet, kneelers, and refinishing of the quarter-oak pews. A few exterior updates are currently underway, including new landscaping and the addition of a handicap entrance.
The parish of approximately 100 families is currently led by Father Lazarus Kirigia, a Kenya native.