The public library in the Linn County community of Coggon dates to 1935 and was first organized by the local Ladies’ Literary and Social Club. The club came to an agreement with the town council to allot funds to the library from the Parks and Recreation Budget. The library was located in the front room of the City Hall building, and by 1954, the collection exceeded 6,000 books. In 1958, the library was relocated to the public school to meet state education requirements. The library has since relocated to Main Street in the one-story building that used to house the local newspaper, the Coggon Monitor.