During the winter of 1890, the Brethren Church of Udell was organized two-and-a-half miles east of the community. In 1903, the congregation moved to a new building constructed inside the city limits of Udell, near the community school. They relocated again in 1961, this time to the building previously occupied by the Udell Christian Church, which disbanded one year prior. Purchased at a cost of $200, the building served the congregation for 45 years.
Due to dwindling membership and attendance, regular services ceased in 2006. The church building and its contents were sold in 2009, and today the building is privately owned.