The Cory Grove Community Church is located two miles east of Elkhart in rural Polk County, where a community of settlers once lived. Isaac Cory, the area’s first settler, not only was the namesake for the town but also was the minister of the town’s first church. Little is known about the church’s early history except that it was established in 1848, and the current church building was constructed in 1897. After several years of inactivity, the non-demoninational Cory Grove Community Church resumed services in 1945. A cemetery is adjacent to the church, which has worship services weekly at 10:30.