The City Hall is located between the Post Office and Public Library in the Louisa County town of Letts. Founded in 1855, Louisa was originally known as Ononwa. Confusion grew between Ononwa and the western Iowa town of Onawa, so city officials decided to change the name. At this time, the local Methodist Church was looking for a $600 donation for a bell and fixtures. The first $100 was donated by resident Madison Letts; in gratitude, townspeople voted to rename the town Lettsville. The name was shortened to Letts and officially incorporated as Letts in 1877.