Iowa Backroads
Facebook | Twitter | Google Plus | RSS

United Methodist Church (West Chester, Iowa)

The Methodist Church in the Washington County town of West Chester can trace its history to 1845, when a frame cabin chapel was setup for local families to worship. By 1873, the church was officially incorporated and plans were made for a larger building for worship; it was dedicated the following year. Within three decades, the congregation had again outgrown its building, and construction on the current church began in 1914. The church was dedicated October 3, 1915.

More Featured Photos

Comments

Published March 16th, 2012 by Brian McMillin | Churches | | Map Jump to the top of this page

Photos by County


Photos by Month


Search Photos
Search Iowa Backroads