United Methodist Church (Mingo, Iowa)

The Mingo United Methodist Church can trace its history to the hamlet of Greencastle, a mile to the southeast of the Jasper County town of Mingo. When the railroad choose a route through Mingo instead of Greencastle, store, homes, and the Methodist Church moved north. In 1898, the current church was constructed, a block east of the downtown area. The building has seen a number of upgrades since opening, including a 1967 addition of a kitchen, nursery room and new classrooms. The church shares a pastor with the United Methodist Church in the nearby unincorporated town of Farrar.