The first account of library services in the Fayette County of Arlington dates to 1883, when resident O.H. Osborne made his personal collection of books available to readers within the town’s post office. Books were later stored in a downtown jewelry store before the community came together in 1928 to remodel a room for library use in the City Hall. The present building was constructed in 1982 at a cost around $62,000. A grant covered one-third of the cost, with the remaining funds raised from donations by local citizens and organizations. The 1,800-square-foot building was dedicated November 21, 1982.