Daniel Connell was the first postmaster at the Gladbrook Post Office, which debuted in the Tama County town in June 1880. Rural free delivery was first established in 1902, with early carriers traveling by horse and buggy. The post office moved to its present location in December 1, 1961, with a dedication and open house held the following year. The open house featured orange drink and coffee furnished by local businesses and the Borden Dairy. The post office has 348 boxes.