On December 11, 1893, a meeting was held to establish a church in the Keokuk County town of Hayesville. Quick action was taken, with a new building dedicated the following year, with donated labor, materials, and funds. Originally opened with Methodist affiliation, the church became a non-denominational community church in 1918. A remodeling project was completed in 1947, and a basement was added eight years later.
After 104 years of operation, final services were held on October 4, 1998. Though the church was recently repainted, the interior is unsafe due to damage from a leaky roof and raccoon infestation.