The northwest corner of Corydon’s square comes to life each weekend when the Wayne Theatre shows a first-run movie for residents throughout the community and county. Featuring 75 cent concessions and $4 adult admissions, the theatre is run completely by volunteers. The theatre dates to 1936, built with cinder block in an art deco design.
After a decade of off-and-on use, a large group of community volunteers banded together to restore and reopen the theatre in 1990. The exterior was repainted and interior refurbished with new curtains and seats. Office on each side of the theatre was repurposed for use as restrooms and a business office. For current movie listings, call (641) 872-2750.