Featuring a two-story bell tower and arched stained glass windows, the United Methodist Church building in the unincorporated Davis County community of West Grove was dedicated January 28, 1904. In 1923, the church temporarily closed as attendance declined, but by the following year, Reverend S.P. Trostle was installed as pastor and reinvigorated the congregation.
By 1938, the sandstone foundation of the church was crumbling and services were held in a community hall while cement blocks were installed to improve the foundation. A full basement was dug in 1945 and recent improvements include restoration of the stained-glass windows and the installation of a handicap-accessible ramp. In addition to the West Grove church, the current pastor also oversees the United Methodist Church in the nearby Appanoose County community of Jerome.