The United Methodist Church in the unincorporated Warren County town of Liberty Center was organized in 1856, with first meetings held in a log schoolhouse south of town. As membership grew, space was leased in a general store in 1860 before a permanent building was constructed in 1870 at the cost of $2,300. The dedication ceremony featured Dr. Alexander Burns, president of nearby Simpson College.
The church was enlarged in 1906 and again in 1968 when a basement was added. Additional improvements were made in 1962, including refinished floors, a new gas furnace, and new carpet, with a rededication ceremony held on March 9, 1969. The church shares a pastor with United Methodist Churches in the nearby communities of Milo and Green Plain.