The first record of a Methodist Church in the Adams County seat of Corning can be traced to 1868, when services were held on the second floor of the Bud and Crowley Hardware building. The first permanent church was constructed in 1871, with a large addition added in 1882. The building served members until 1908, when the decision was made to construct a new facility via a 20-2 vote by board members.
The church was built at a cost of $22,000 and was dedicated debt-free on January 9, 1910. A $5,000 Carnegie pipe organ was installed in 1913. An educational wing was added to the building in 1967.