The United Methodist Church in the Delaware County town of Colesburg can trace its history to 1942, when services were held by Rev. Barney White and Rev. Simeon Clark in a nearby schoolhouse. A permanent church was constructed in the community in 1849 and served members until October 30, 1891, when the present building was dedicated.
A significant remodeling project was completed in 1983. During the renovations, which took place between August and December, services were held in the local Catholic Church.