The United Methodist Church in the unincorporated Adams County community of Corning can trace its history to the 1850s when first services were held in local homes. Services were then held in a Methodist seminary building before a permanent church was constructed in 1883. A fire destroyed the original church structure in the fall of 1922, but funds were quickly raised, and the present facility was constructed the following year.
In 2007, the church underwent extensive updating, including new interior painting and carpet, a new alter, refurbished cross, and framing of stained glass windows from the Corning Baptist Church. In 2008, the exterior received a new coat of paint. An 125-year anniversary celebration was held on June 29, 2008. With around 40 members, the small church averages 15 attendees weekly. It shares a pastor with nearby United Methodist churches in Carl and Carbon.