This historic depot in downtown Creston was originally built by the Chicago, Burlington & Quincy railroad line and in 1899. It was placed on the National Register of Historical Places in the 1974 following a restoration project that repurposed the building as a community municipal complex. The first floor currently houses a congregate meal site and model railroad club, while city offices and Council chambers are found on the second floor.
Amtrak makes daily stops in Creston, but its passengers are relegated to a mundane building next door. A recent article in Creston’s daily newspaper indicated a community push to move the Amtrak waiting area to the historic depot facility.