In 1899, the local parish granted a parcel of land to the town to construct a new water tower in the Dubuque County community of New Vienna. Built with a rock foundation, the tower featured a 30,000 gallon tank and a 200 feet deep well. The pump was originally powered by a windmill, which was removed in favor of an electric turbine. In 1983, a new steel tower was constructed via federal grant money, and the stone tower was abandoned with the exception of the well. The water tower is part of a district added to the National Register of Historical Places in 2000.