The first library established in the Louisa County town of Letts opened its doors in May 1910 in a space above a local barber shop. Originally called the Letts Reading and Rest Room, the growing library moved twice in its first three years of existence. It then relocated to a renovated home for over 20 years before moving back downtown to an old bank building in 1939.
In 1946, the city purchased a building in downtown Letts specifically for library use. Locals donated time and materials to complete the repairs and renovations necessary before the new location formally opened in 1947. Though the library remains in the same location today, a number of upgrades have been made over the years, including the addition of a children’s area in 1995.