The first post office in the Iowa County town in Millersburg opened in 1852 with Hugh B. Lynch appointed as the first postmaster. In the 1880s, the post office began sharing space with an ice cream parlor and drug store. Those businesses ultimately were phased out, but postal operations continued in the building for over a century. A new post office was constructed in June 1993, with a dedication held two months later. The modern facility was handicapped-accessible and featured new key-based boxes.