The first mail route was established in the Harrison County town of Pisgah in 1863, bringing mail on a weekly basis from nearby Magnolia. The first post office was established April 23, 1872, with the township’s first settler, Elijah Cobb, serving as the first postmaster. Originally known as Mount Pisgah, Cobb operated the community’s first office from a room in his farm home. After a number of postmasters and home locations, the office moved inside a general store in May 1893. The current Pisgah Post Office building was built in 1988.