Approximately 200 residents were in attendance for the dedication of the new Post Office building in the Worth County community of Manly in October 1961. The dedication service included speeches from U.S. Congressman H. R. Gross and Manly Mayor M. H. Barker along with a performance from the community high school band. Following the dedication, the Manly Community Association sponsored a free pancake dinner for all present at the Manly City Hall. Postal service was first established in Manly in 1877.