Library services began in the Allamakee County town of Lansing in 1912, when the Lansing Library Association was organized. The group quickly found space on Main Street and allowed local residents to check out books from the library at a cost of $1 per year. Two local women’s groups managed the organization until 1935, when the library was given to the city and the Lansing Public Library was officially established.
The Meehan Memorial Lansing Public Library was dedicated in August 2005. Funds for the building were provided by the namesake, the Meehan family, from nearby Harpers Ferry.