Forty-one residents became charter members of the Grand River Lions Club during a banquet held on March 1, 1955. Over a hundred Lions Club members from surrounding communities joined in the celebration, which featured singing of the song “America,” the Pledge of Allegiance, and an invocation by the local Methodist pastor. Dinner was followed by several speakers, including the president of the nearby Kellerton Lions Club, who presented the bell and gavel for use by the new Grand River group.
The Lions Club moved to their present building in the fall of 1974; with a door connecting to the adjacent American Legion Hall, the space quickly became a community gathering spot. The Lions Club have sponsored a number of projects in their 60-year history, including Easter Egg hunts, candy for the school holiday program, and creation of a new community park.