The Iowa-Nebraksa Bank is one of a handful of businesses along Main Street in Hornick, a town of 253 residents in Woodbury County in northwest Iowa. The building, which dates to 1931, was originally home to State Savings Bank, established in Hornick in 1904. The present owners purchased the location in 1982. When the bank’s main offices were relocated to Onawa in 1984, the Hornick building was converted to a branch location.
The bank has undergone two name changes since 1984: first to Iowa State Bank in 1997, then Iowa-Nebraska State Bank in 2000 following a merger with Nebraska State Bank. The Hornick location has remained in place through the changes, with a drive through open six days each week. The lobby holds more limited hours, only open Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.