The first Catholic worship services in the Ringgold County town of Maloy were held in 1864 in the home of Luke Shay, an immigrant from Ireland. As attendance grew, they moved to Shay’s barn and then to the first Catholic Church in the area constructed in 1874. A larger church was constructed within the Maloy city limits in 1903; the church was the center of social activity for the community, holding bi-weekly dances, dinners, and even weekly movies.
On June 17, 1931, a fire swept through Maloy destroying the church along with five businesses, a house, and a barn. The new church was constructed of yellow brick with a steeply-pitched roof in an English Rural Architectural style. After nearly 80 years of operation, the final mass was held at Immaculate Conception Catholic Church on May 3rd, 2009. The church was closed and sold.