The First Presbyterian Church in the Emmet County town of Ringsted can trace its history to 1903, when a modest church building was moved into the community. The unused church was moved on three bobsleds, pulled through frozen fields by a team of 24 horses over a two-week period. By spring, the stone foundation was complete and front steps added; the church was formally dedicated in June 1903.
In February 1958, a committee was formed to plan the financing and building of a new church. The congregation quickly voted to construct the new $65,000 facility, with ground broken by June and the cornerstone laid on September 14, 1958. The first service was held in the new building in February 1959, with the church dedicated two months later. In 1985, the congregation voted to share a pastor with the Presbyterian Church in nearby Armstrong.