The First Presbyterian Church was first organized in the unincorporated Kossuth County community of Irvington on October 8, 1889 with sixteen charter members. First services were held in the local school house, though construction began on a standalone church building shortly after. The church has never had a resident minister, but instead was served by Presbyterian pastors from nearby towns of LuVerne, Livermore, Burt and Algona.
Two small additions were added to the church in 1972, and the Sanctuary and Annex were completely redecorated in 1975. Services are held Sundays at 8:30 a.m.