The Delaware County town of Dundee saw its first fire station constructed in 1930. The small brick building featured a single-stall garage, a small amount of space for equipment, and a jail cell. In the late 1980s, Dundee firemen began a campaign to solicit funds for a new fire station and community center building. Construction began in June 1987, with firemen doing most of the construction work to minimize costs. The building continues to serve the town today.