This booklet was distributed when the Fayette County Courthouse in West Union was dedicated October 8, 1924. The ceremony included music from the Oelwein City Concert Band, Fayette County Consolidated Bands, and the Girls Glee Club from Upper Iowa University. The dedication was followed by a barbeque held in the square and an open house later that afternoon. Evening festivities included a band concert and dancing at the Courthouse and Opera House starting at 9:00 p.m. that evening.
The cornerstone was laid for the $300,000 project on June 21, 1923, just over a year after the previous courthouse was destroyed by fire. Constructed of gray Bedford stone, the dedication packet highlights the marble in the toilet rooms, offices assigned to the County Attorney, the automatic electric elevator, the third story rotunda and courtroom, which featured natural lighting and modern furniture. Over a third of the courthouse was funded by private donations from West Union residents.