The First Presbyterian Church was first organized in the unincorporated Kossuth County community of Irvington on October 8, 1889 with sixteen charter members. First services were held in the local school house, though construction began on a standalone church building shortly after. The church has never had a resident minister, but instead was served by Presbyterian pastors from nearby towns of LuVerne, Livermore, Burt and Algona.
Two small additions were added to the church in 1972, and the Sanctuary and Annex were completely redecorated in 1975. Services are held Sundays at 8:30 a.m.
The first church services in the Harrison County town of Little Sioux were held in the log cabin school by a group of Methodists. In 1972, the members decided to build a new church and pledged funds for the $1,000 facility, which was constructed on a lot donated by James Scofield. In 1928, the church was raised to allow the addition of a basement. Numerous improvements have been made since, including the installation of stained glass memorial windows, a walnut altar, updated carpeting, and an organ. The pastor also serves churches in nearby Pisgah and Mondamin.
Construction began on the first Christian Church building in the Appanoose County town of Moulton in 1968. The wood frame building cost $1,000 and was dedicated the following year. A larger church was built in 1890 and served the congregation for 37 years before being destroyed by fire. The Moulton Tribune published this report of the devastating 1927 fire:
Nothing but a mass of ruins marks the place where the Christian Church has stood for the past 40 years. The building caught fire last Friday morning at 11:30 and in spite of the valiant efforts of the firemen, the fire soon was beyond control and efforts were extended to save the surrounding property.
Insurance funds were combined with member contributions to raise the $10,000 required to build the present, brick church building. The cornerstone was laid on November 21, 1927, with dedicatory services held on March 18, 1928. An educational building was added to the church property in 1967.
In September 1920, a group of members of the Church of Christ decided to build a worship center in the Harrison County town of Little Sioux. Half of the old school house lot was purchased, and the church was dedicated in 1924. Since the construction, the 90-year-old building has seen many improvements including the installation of stained glass windows and an organ, donated by church members.
The United Methodist Church in the Delaware County town of Colesburg can trace its history to 1942, when services were held by Rev. Barney White and Rev. Simeon Clark in a nearby schoolhouse. A permanent church was constructed in the community in 1849 and served members until October 30, 1891, when the present building was dedicated.
A significant remodeling project was completed in 1983. During the renovations, which took place between August and December, services were held in the local Catholic Church.